Classic Inca Trail to Machupicchu
4 Days 3 Nights
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is a spectacular trekking experience. In the ranking of Peru treks, it is far and away number one, but we could also certainly claim that it is among tops in the entire world. The trail winds through some of the most sublime countryside in the Peruvian Andes and, as if that were not enough, leads to one of the Wonders of the World, famed Machu Picchu. Condor Travel invites you to awaken your senses through this awe-inspiring Machu Picchu hike.
DAY 1: CUSCO -WAYLLABAMBA (L) (D):
Very early in the morning we pick you up at your hotel by bus that will take us to kilometer 82, arriving at about 11:00 a.m. to meet the entire team of professionals who will make your trip a success. Then we will begin our trek. This first day is beautiful and the first few miles are easy to walk. We will have the beautiful sight of the snow-capped Veronica peak and will also be walking near the Vilcanota River until arriving at the Llactapata archaeological complex, where we will have lunch and later continue up to our first camp at Wayllabamba where will overnight after a restorative dinner.
DAY 2: WAYLLABAMBA – WARMIWAÑUSCA – PACAYMAYO (B) (L) (D):
After having breakfast starts the most difficult, but not impossible, part of the trek towards the highest part of the Inca Trail, where you will have an amazing panoramic view of the whole area, where you will be able to observe the different types of micro-climates existing in the area. After a 3-hour trek, we will pass the clearing called Warmiwañiusca or dead woman, at about 4.200 m ASL. Here you will have the enormous satisfaction of reaching the highest point of the entire Inca Trail. After this fabulous experience, we will have lunch to then continue descending to Pacaymayo, where we will have dinner and overnight.
DAY 3: PACAYMAYO – PUYUPATAMARKA – WIÑAY HUAYNA (B) (L) (D):(**)
After breakfast, we will start trekking up to the second most important Inca Trail pass at 3.850 m ASL, until arriving at the Runkurakay archaeological site where we will have a guided tour throughout the complex as well as the Sayacmarca citadel. After the guided tour, we will continue our trek up to another important monument, the Puyupatamarka archaeological site, where we will have lunch. After a short break, we will continue on our trek until getting to the last Wiñay Huayna (forever young) camp, where we will have a guided tour of this impressive archaeological site. After the tour, we will have dinner and our last overnight.
DAY 4: WIÑAY HUAYNA – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B):
After breakfast, we will continue our trek very early so as to be on time to see the sunrise at Machupicchu. After a one-hour trek, we will pass through Inti Punku or Puerta del Sol, also known as the entrance gate to Machupicchu, where you will have an amazing panoramic view of the entire citadel. After this experience, we will visit the Inca citadel surroundings for about 3 hours, visiting the main sites such as precincts, plazas, Sacred fountains, Temples, the farming and urban sector. After our guided tour, you will have free time to take photos, etc. We will later reunite with the rest of the group to take the bus to the town of Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon we will return to Cusco by train. End of our services.
- Pick up at your Hotel
- Transportation by Bus to km 82
- Entrance Ticket to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu
- Professional bilingual guide (2 guides for groups of over 8 people)
- Mountain Hardwear tents (3-person tent shared by 2 people)
- foam mattress (self inflatable mattress can be rented)
- Cooking equipment, mess tent, dining tent, chairs, tables, accommodation for the porters and cooks
- Cooks to prepare all meals
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners and snacks; food is programmed for trekking and is rich in carbohydrates.
- Boiled water provided at meal times to refill your water bottle
- Porters (to carry the tents, food and cooking equipment)
- First aid kit, Emergency oxygen
- Bus from Machupicchu to Train Station
- Return by Expedition train: Machupicchu to Poroy
- Radio communications
- Transfer from Poroy station to hotel
- Lunch on the last day
- Sleeping Bag
- Tips for the porters, cook and guide (See Inca trail information for recommendations)