Machupicchu 2 Days 1 Night
Machu Picchu is a 15th-century Inca site located on a ridge between the Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu mountains in Peru. It sits 7,970 feet (2,430 meters) above sea level on the eastern slope of the Andes and overlooks the Urubamba River hundreds of feet below. The site’s excellent preservation, the quality of its architecture, and the breathtaking mountain vista it occupies has made Machu Picchu one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world today. The site covers 80,000 acres (32,500 hectares). Terraced fields on the edge of the site were once used for growing crops, likely maize and potatoes.
DAY 1: We will meet you at the hotel at 10 am and we will go by bus to the train station in Ollantaytambo. From there we will take the train to Aguas Calientes (arriving approximately at 2:30 pm) where we will be met for transfer to the hostal of your choice (pre-selected and limited options). You will have free time in the afternoon to enjoy the thermal pools, the craft market or simply chill out in the on the quiet village of Aguas Calientes. In the evening you will meet the guide for a briefing about the visit to Machu Picchu which will be on the following morning.
DAY 2: Since only 400 people per day (according to arrival order) are allowed to hike up the Huayna Picchu Mountain, we will take the bus at 5:30 am to the fortress of Machu Picchu. Please note that hiking up to Huayna Picchu requires good health conditions and you may choose not to do it. After entering the complex we will have a 2 hour guided tour visiting the main places and after you will have until 5 pm for free exploration of the site. After taking the bus down to Aguas Calientes, you will have free time for dinner before taking the bus back to Ollantaytambo at 6:45 pm. From there, we will take a bus to Cusco, arriving approximately at 11 pm.
- Pick up at hotel
- Bus to and from Ollantaytambo train station
- Train ticket (Expedition service): Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus ticket: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Bilingual professional tour guide (English/Spanish)
- Transfer from station to hotel
- Discount with International Student Card (ISIC Card)
- Discount for kids under 7 years old who send (via scanner) copy of passport before arrival in Cusco.
- For “Vistadome” First Class train service, please enquire for extra cost.